The youth group from Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, hosted a “School’s Out for Summer” Party, celebrating the 1950s with food, music, and a classic car show, in the church parking lot. The event featured Al Wagner’s Classic Corvette Exhibit and recreated a 1950s drive-in restaurant atmosphere named Gary’s Diner — Where the food is Heavenly! Funds raised help to support the youth and chaperones’ trip to New Orleans for the ELCA National Youth Gathering later in July. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton named Top Workplace
- Humber, Mundie & McClary, LLP, commits to downtown Milwaukee for headquarters location
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal
- Like R.A. Smith National on Facebook to Help Fight Childhood Cancer
- Melinda Myers To Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar at Stein's in Wauwatosa on Sat., June 1
- Gary Grindeland Leaves as Pastor of Christ the King in Delafield; Gary Johnson to be Interim Pastor