St. James Parish will hold its annual fundraising festival Fri., Aug. 17 - Sun. Aug. 19, 2012, on the parish grounds at 830 County Road NN East, in Mukwonago. This year's theme is "Schmoozin' & Cruzin'," with classic cars, food, and other entertainment.
Daily features include a fish fry on Fri. from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., the Classic Car and Motorcycle Show on Sat., 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., and an outdoor Mass on Sun. at 10:30 a.m. This year’s Festival also offers the chance to win a 2012 Chevy Cruze, with raffle tickets $25 each or five for $100.
The Classic Car and Motorcycle Show on Sat. Aug. 18, open to all makes and models, will feature more than 100 vehicles, with awards presented to the top three cars and motorcycles. Special guests will be Captain Bob and Arlo from Wisconsin Hotrod Radio.
The "Schmoozin' Zone" will include a food court, music, adult games, a horseshoe tournament, a used book booth, a bean bag tournament, and other leisure activities. The Festival will also feature entertainment by The Boogie Men Fri. at 7 p.m., the Hoi Polloi Band Sat. at noon, and the Eddie Butts Band Sat. at 7 p.m.
The following is a complete lineup of the Festival's activities:
Fri., Aug. 17
Fish Fry 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Barrel Buddy Annual Meeting 7 p.m.
The Boogie Men 7 p.m.
Bartolotta Fireworks Dusk
Sat., Aug. 18
Classic Car and Motorcycle Show 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Hoi Polloi Band 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Children’s Area and Magic Show 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Deluxe Ham Dinner 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Eddie Butts Band 7 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 19
Outdoor Mass 10:30 a.m.
Chicken Dinner 11:30 a.m.
Live Parish Auction 1 p.m.
Teen Rock Stage 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Main Raffle Drawing 4 p.m.
St. James Parish has nearly 1,400 families and welcomes new members. Weekend Masses are held Saturdays at 4 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
For more information, visit www.StJamesMukwonago.org or call 262-363-7615.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation