Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, is collecting school supplies for students at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Donations may be dropped off in designated boxes inside the church lobby from now through the end of August.
All NEW school supplies are needed, especially colored pencils, markers, crayons, scissors, backpacks for young children, glue, pencils, pens, notebooks, folders, and construction paper.
“The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is among the poorest of Indian reservations in the U.S.,” said Pastor Gary Grindeland. “By donating school supplies that they could otherwise not afford, we will help them educate their youth and reduce their burden of providing for the young people of the tribe.”
Pine Ridge Reservation is located in southwest South Dakota. It is home to the Oglala Sioux Tribe.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Summer worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 9 a.m. Saturday worship is held outdoors, weather permitting.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- MCW to expand Tosa Center