Carnelle Scott wants nothing more than to win the Miss Firecracker Contest. In doing so she hopes to emulate her cousin Elain’s win some years ago and repair her reputation of being promiscuous. So when her eccentric cousin Delmount returns home to sell the house, Carnelle finds this to be the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance for her to go out in a blaze of glory. Carnelle is aided in her quest for the crown by a kind seamstress, Popeye, and her old flame, Mac Sam. Despite setbacks throughout the process, Carnelle decides she is going to give the contest her best shot and discovers she is much more than “Miss Hot Tamale.”
(Written by Beth Henley, Directed by Rebecca Greasby, Set and Technical Direction by Bob Sagadin, Costumes by Dana Rochester)
"The Miss Firecracker Contest" will be presented Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Prairie School, John Mitchell Theatre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade