Carnelle Scott wants nothing more than to win the Miss Firecracker Contest. In doing so she hopes to emulate her cousin Elain’s win some years ago and repair her reputation of being promiscuous. So when her eccentric cousin Delmount returns home to sell the house, Carnelle finds this to be the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance for her to go out in a blaze of glory. Carnelle is aided in her quest for the crown by a kind seamstress, Popeye, and her old flame, Mac Sam. Despite setbacks throughout the process, Carnelle decides she is going to give the contest her best shot and discovers she is much more than “Miss Hot Tamale.”
(Written by Beth Henley, Directed by Rebecca Greasby, Set and Technical Direction by Bob Sagadin, Costumes by Dana Rochester)
"The Miss Firecracker Contest" will be presented Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Prairie School, John Mitchell Theatre.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Second class of MCW-Green Bay medical students receive their white coats
- Trinity UCC Call for Crafters
- Mueller Communications LLC. Announces Promotion of Elyise Brigman