Carnelle Scott wants nothing more than to win the Miss Firecracker Contest. In doing so she hopes to emulate her cousin Elain’s win some years ago and repair her reputation of being promiscuous. So when her eccentric cousin Delmount returns home to sell the house, Carnelle finds this to be the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance for her to go out in a blaze of glory. Carnelle is aided in her quest for the crown by a kind seamstress, Popeye, and her old flame, Mac Sam. Despite setbacks throughout the process, Carnelle decides she is going to give the contest her best shot and discovers she is much more than “Miss Hot Tamale.”
(Written by Beth Henley, Directed by Rebecca Greasby, Set and Technical Direction by Bob Sagadin, Costumes by Dana Rochester)
"The Miss Firecracker Contest" will be presented Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Prairie School, John Mitchell Theatre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- The role of microRNA’s in high blood pressure
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Library's Parking Lot Nears Completion While Used Book Sale Date Loom
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair