Carnelle Scott wants nothing more than to win the Miss Firecracker Contest. In doing so she hopes to emulate her cousin Elain’s win some years ago and repair her reputation of being promiscuous. So when her eccentric cousin Delmount returns home to sell the house, Carnelle finds this to be the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance for her to go out in a blaze of glory. Carnelle is aided in her quest for the crown by a kind seamstress, Popeye, and her old flame, Mac Sam. Despite setbacks throughout the process, Carnelle decides she is going to give the contest her best shot and discovers she is much more than “Miss Hot Tamale.”
(Written by Beth Henley, Directed by Rebecca Greasby, Set and Technical Direction by Bob Sagadin, Costumes by Dana Rochester)
"The Miss Firecracker Contest" will be presented Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Prairie School, John Mitchell Theatre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution