Verizon Wireless “Hope For The Holidays Toy Drive” to Benefit Children of Domestic Violence Survivors
Verizon Wireless has announced the kickoff of its “Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive.” The drive will benefit domestic violence agencies throughout the state of Wisconsin, including The Women’s Center in Waukesha, Wis. With a simple donation, residents have a chance to impact the life of a child in need this holiday season.
Donations can be made through Saturday, Dec. 15 at any participating Verizon Wireless Communications Store in the Waukesha area during regular business hours. For a complete listing of store locations where items can be donated to The Women’s Center, please see below.
Donated gifts may include items such as coloring books, crayons, board games, cars/trucks, dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, arts and crafts kits, and G-rated DVDs. All donations must be new, packaged, but unwrapped.
“Children are often the forgotten victims of domestic violence,” said T.J. Fox, region president, Verizon Wireless. “Those living in and supported by the domestic violence shelters and service organizations need love and support. By making a small donation of a new toy, people can help make the holiday season special for a child impacted by domestic violence.”
• 3150 Golf Road, Delafield
• 1200 W. Sunset Drive, Waukesha
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Ride for Autism Speaks Milwaukee
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Aimee Berg's Brain Tumors
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 24, 2015