Hamilton High School senior Amanda Cibulka was named as candidate for the 2013 Presidential Scholars Program. The U.S. Department of Education identified 3,000 candidates among students expected to graduate from U.S. high schools in 2013.
Students were selected for their exceptional performance on either the College Board SAT or ACT assessment. Further consideration is based on students’ essays, self-assessments, descriptions of activities, school recommendations and school transcripts.
A review committee of qualified individuals experienced in secondary and postsecondary education chooses 560 semi-finalists. The Commission on Presidential Scholars will select semi-finalists in April and Presidential Scholars in May. The Commission selects up to 141 students to be named Presidential Scholars, one of the highest honors for graduating seniors.
Scholars are chosen based on superior academic and artistic achievement, leadership qualities, strong character and involvement in community and school activities. One young man and one young woman are chosen from each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and from families of U.S. citizens living abroad. In addition, up to 20 students from the creative and performing arts are selected.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA