Vicki Piaskowski will talk about simple ways to make your yard bird-friendly and the different bird species you can expect to see in your yard and on your land if you landscape with native plants. She will describe how scientists learn about the insect foods that birds find on plants and show some of the insects and spiders that use native plants.
Vicki Piaskowski received an MS degree in Biological Sciences from UW-Milwaukee. She is an ornithologist and bird bander who has conducted research on birds in Wisconsin, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Belize, Central America.
Presented by Wild Ones.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:30 pm
Menomonee Falls Public Library,
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- Merry Christmas to the World!
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Movin' & Lubin' Opens Second Vehicle Repair Shop in New Berlin
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study