Actress Jessica Michna, who is widely known for her portrayals of historically important women, will appear as Helen Keller at a meeting of the American Association of University Women in Elm Grove on Wednesday, March 13.
Ms. Michna's portrayal of Helen Keller will give insights into her struggles and triumphs, unable to hear or see. March is Women's History Month; Helen Keller's historical contribution includes her involvement in social and political issues of the day, including women's suffrage and pacifism.
Ms. Michna holds a degree in psychology from UW; she combines her interest in history and acting through her portrayals of historic women, including Mary Todd Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Dolly Madison, among others.
The program will be held in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse following a 7:30 business meeting. The American Association of University Women is open to those with bachelor's and associates degrees. The organization promotes gender equity and supports a variety of educational endeavors, including scholarships.
For more information, call Sharon at 414-964-9287.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Donate to Toys for Tots and Win at the Settimi Chiropractic and Wellness Center of Brookfield