Actress Jessica Michna, who is widely known for her portrayals of historically important women, will appear as Helen Keller at a meeting of the American Association of University Women in Elm Grove on Wednesday, March 13.
Ms. Michna's portrayal of Helen Keller will give insights into her struggles and triumphs, unable to hear or see. March is Women's History Month; Helen Keller's historical contribution includes her involvement in social and political issues of the day, including women's suffrage and pacifism.
Ms. Michna holds a degree in psychology from UW; she combines her interest in history and acting through her portrayals of historic women, including Mary Todd Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Dolly Madison, among others.
The program will be held in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse following a 7:30 business meeting. The American Association of University Women is open to those with bachelor's and associates degrees. The organization promotes gender equity and supports a variety of educational endeavors, including scholarships.
For more information, call Sharon at 414-964-9287.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- MS Summit is March 7
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry