A team students from St. Mary's Visitation recently won first place in the state eCYBERMISSION competition.
St. Mary's Visitation seventh graders William Steinhafel, Ian Bro and Kevin Eberle each won a $1000 savings bond as first prize in the competition.
eCYBERMISSION is a web-based Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) competition for 6th through 9th graders. Student teams compete to solve problems in their community.
William, Ian and Kevin's team, the "Dark Knights," researched the reflectivity of safety vests used for walking or running at night.
This year, eCYBERMISSION saw a record enrollment, with 12,374 students submitting 3,451 Mission Folders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA