A team students from St. Mary's Visitation recently won first place in the state eCYBERMISSION competition.
St. Mary's Visitation seventh graders William Steinhafel, Ian Bro and Kevin Eberle each won a $1000 savings bond as first prize in the competition.
eCYBERMISSION is a web-based Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) competition for 6th through 9th graders. Student teams compete to solve problems in their community.
William, Ian and Kevin's team, the "Dark Knights," researched the reflectivity of safety vests used for walking or running at night.
This year, eCYBERMISSION saw a record enrollment, with 12,374 students submitting 3,451 Mission Folders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert