Hamilton High School Student Council members are planning a free class for senior citizens interested in staying in contact with friends and family through e-mail and Facebook. The four-session course will be offered Sept. 17, 19, 24 and 26 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Student Council members Samantha Groth and Hannah Hubbel have been working during the summer with school district and Sussex representatives to plan the course for senior citizens. Hamilton students and selected guest speakers will be class presenters, and additional Student Council members will offer hands-on assistance to participants during the class.
E-mail instruction will focus on how to:
set up an account;
send a message;
attach files including photos;
forward messages; and
During the Facebook portion of the class, participants will learn how to:
set up a Facebook page;
post on their own wall and others;
establish privacy setting to keep them safe on the web;
use Facebook as a news and information resource; and
create and respond to events.
An added benefit will be hearing from teens who will offer practical advice on how to stay in touch with grandchildren through Facebook without breaking social media etiquette or accepted standards for sharing.
Enrollment in the course is limited to 20 senior citizens. Please call Jessi Coon or Sue Posh at (262) 246-1973 x1100 to reserve a seat.
Hamilton High School is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Rd., Sussex.
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator