Hamilton High School Student Council members are planning a free class for senior citizens interested in staying in contact with friends and family through e-mail and Facebook. The four-session course will be offered Sept. 17, 19, 24 and 26 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Hamilton High School.
Student Council members Samantha Groth and Hannah Hubbel have been working during the summer with school district and Sussex representatives to plan the course for senior citizens. Hamilton students and selected guest speakers will be class presenters, and additional Student Council members will offer hands-on assistance to participants during the class.
E-mail instruction will focus on how to:
set up an account;
send a message;
attach files including photos;
forward messages; and
During the Facebook portion of the class, participants will learn how to:
set up a Facebook page;
post on their own wall and others;
establish privacy setting to keep them safe on the web;
use Facebook as a news and information resource; and
create and respond to events.
An added benefit will be hearing from teens who will offer practical advice on how to stay in touch with grandchildren through Facebook without breaking social media etiquette or accepted standards for sharing.
Enrollment in the course is limited to 20 senior citizens. Please call Jessi Coon or Sue Posh at (262) 246-1973 x1100 to reserve a seat.
Hamilton High School is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Rd., Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation