September 8, 2013 - Dr. Mark Koch, of Koch Chiropractic in Elm Grove, Wisconsin completed the IRONMAN triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin.
Six years ago, a water skiing accident left Dr. Koch with a badly fractured knee requiring a complex surgery and extensive rehab. "I still have 11 screws and a plate in my knee. We doubted I would ever be able to run at all. I embraced triathlon training as ongoing rehab, and through years of training and dedication, I am now an IRONMAN!"
The IRONMAN triathlon is a 140.6-mile race, that consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run, all to be completed in one day. Dr. Koch finished in 15 hours, 19 minutes.
"The IRONMAN is the ultimate test of fitness and endurance, both physical and mental. It requires a total dedication to health and wellness." -Dr. Koch
As a wellness chiropractor, Dr. Koch helps patients and athletes everyday recover from injuries and rebuild their health through natural methods, including low-force chiropractic adjustments, strengthening, stretching, nutrition and fitness. His practice philosophy carried over to his own training for IRONMAN. "Just a few years ago, I could hardly run a mile or swim a lap. It's incredible to see what a healthy body is capable of, especially when it is your own!" Dr. Koch will continue to stay active and participate in local triathlons, half-marathons and 5K's with a consistent goal of inspiring his patients and friends to embrace a wellness lifestyle.
Dr. Mark Koch has practiced in Elm Grove, Wisconsin since 1997, and treats a variety of patients for muscle, joint and nerve problems.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- HELP WISCONSIN BUNDLE UP THIS SEASON
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Woodside contributes baskets for families in need
- Holiday Bake Sale at Trinity UCC
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Boy Scout Troop 71 Blood Drive, Dec. 7, 2013
- Zion Lutheran Ladies Guild Christmas Craft Sale