A “Craft Fair and Bake Sale” will be hosted by Zion Lutheran Church Ladies Guild and Lutheran Home Auxiliary from noon to 3pm, Tuesday, November 12, in the Community Room at Harwood Place Retirement Community, 8220 Harwood Ave., Wauwatosa.
The Zion organization will offer an array of craft items ideal for Christmas gifts, home decorating, apparel accessories, children’s things, and many other items that will appeal to your creative nature. The proceeds will benefit a variety of mission projects at the Menomonee Falls church.
Auxiliary members, many of whom are German scratch-bakers, will provide a variety of baked treats to satisfy your sweet tooth and bring back memories of homemade breads, pies, cakes, and especially, Christmas cookies. The Auxiliary will direct its proceeds to the Chapel Upgrade Project at The Lutheran Home, 75th and North Ave., Wauwatosa.
Assistance to The Lutheran Home has been the Auxiliary’s focus since its beginnings 108 years ago.
Please stop by to greet us, do some shopping, and get a jump start on the Christmas gift and entertaining season!!
For more information, please call Jan Brunow, Auxiliary President, 414-364-6663.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert