Public Invited to Attend Free Thanksgiving Dinner at Christ the King Church of Delafield
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a third annual free Thanksgiving dinner for the public on Wednesday, November 27, from 3 to 6:30 p.m. in the congregation’s Great Hall. Along with Christ the King Lutheran Church, the event is cosponsored by St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Delafield Presbyterian Church, Nashotah House Theological Seminary, St John’s Northwestern Military Academy and Thrivent Financial.
The dinner will feature traditional Thanksgiving fare, including turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, assorted fruit and vegetables. The meal is being served by volunteers from Christ the King Lutheran Church and the Delafield community. Musical entertainment will be provided for guests to enjoy.
In 2011 the meals were served to 225 people and last year about 425, with the help of numerous donations and volunteers. Anyone is welcome at the dinner, with a special outreach to members of the military and their families, to the elderly, homeless, disabled, and those just looking to share a great meal with others for companionship and conversation, according to the invitation from Christ the King Lutheran Church. The event is funded by congregational donations and monetary assistance from Thrivent Financial. Food and monetary donations as well as volunteers of all ages are appreciated.
“We look forward to welcoming the public to this special Thanksgiving celebration,” said Pastor Gary Johnson of Christ the King Lutheran Church. “We hope to reach others who can benefit not only from the nourishment, but also from the fellowship of those who come to this meal. We hope to unite all Lake Country residents at this event regardless of their religious affiliation.”
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Worship services are held at 9 a.m. every Sunday. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker