Warm up your weekend Feb. 15-16 by visiting the 49th annual St. Monica Antique Show.
The annual event takes place at St. Monica Parish, Silver Spring Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard, 5635 N. Santa Monica Blvd., in Whitefish Bay. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $5.
Dealers come to the show from all over the Midwest, and bring everything from furniture to carpeting to jewelry to sterling flatware to fine books. Dealers note that shows like this give people a chance to see and touch items, and talk with knowledgeable experts about the antiques.
In addition to an opportunity to view the antiques, the show’s traditions include homemade chili, chicken soup, and baked goods.
One of the show's longstanding traditions is the raffle of a handmade quilt, sewn by volunteers.
Each year the quilt is different, with the pattern
selected by the quilting team.
"This show is unique because it relies totally on the efforts of volunteers," says Norma Herbers, this year’s chairperson. "The volunteers do all the work of organizing and setting up the show; sell the tickets, make and sell baked goods and chili, serve the food and work for months on the handmade quilt. The entire parish community gives generously of their time and talent to make this such an excellent show.”
Antique lovers also have the opportunity to attend a gala preview party on Friday, Feb. 14 from 6:30-9 p.m. The party, which features drinks and appetizers, offers advance buying privileges. Cost for the preview party is $20.
For more information on the show and a list of dealers, with photos of some of their selections, visit
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Recycling Stream Quality
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!