Trinity UCC Holy Week Celebration Services
Good Friday and Easter Sunday Special Performances
Brookfield, WI (April 2, 2013) Trinity UCC invites you to celebrate holy week with these special celebratory services. Join us for an evening of worship and fellowship with food traditionally served at a Seder meal on Thursday, April 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Trinity Gathering Place. On Good Friday, April 18 at 7:00 p.m. Trinity will feature a Tenebrae service including a dramatic presentation of monologues from those who were in Jerusalem during the Passion Week entitled “When They Crucified My Lord”.
On Easter Sunday April 20 at 7:30 a.m., Trinity will feature a drama of readings from “stones” who were present along the journey of Jesus entitled “The Stones of Passion”. Stones of jubilation, anger, self-righteousness, remembrance, anguish, rejection, and finally, the stone rolled in front of the tomb – the stone of death and resurrection will tell their stories. The annual free Easter breakfast will follow this service at 8:30 a.m.
At 10:00 a.m. on Easter Sunday, worship with communion will take place. The Celebration Singers will sing in celebration of the glory of a risen Lord. Everyone is welcome to join these worship services as Trinity celebrates God’s love for all.
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC is an open and affirming church and welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use, large print bulletins and a screen-projected service. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey you are welcome here. Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA