Elm Grove residents will have an opportunity to “Explore Remodeling’s Finest”, with two recently completed remodeling projects in the city produced by Renovators Ltd. part of the 15th annual Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc. The event will allow attendees to view 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes will feature the following renovation projects in Elm Grove:
• Kitchen Remodel • 13120 Dunwoody Drive
The owners of this traditional white Colonial wished to create an open concept. A spacious layout was achieved by removing a wall between the cramped U-shaped kitchen and the under utilized dining room. Removing the wall provided the open space needed for additional cabinets, as well as a large stone island with seating. The renovated kitchen is far more functional for the homeowner’s modern lifestyle. This was achieved by removing the soffits around the perimeter, which allowed for full height cabinetry and full size appliances. A bench seat was built around the large picture window for taking in views of a well-manicured back yard. Stainless steel appliances, a large farmhouse sink, new hardwood floors, and a serene color scheme give the home the desired charm. A first floor laundry was added to the large remodeled mudroom, creating a multi-functional space for this active family.
• Kitchen Remodel • 13145 Dunwoody Drive
The owners of this ranch home desired an updated kitchen that fit into the existing space and blended with the rest of the home. The original eat-in kitchen, while spacious, lacked the character found in the rest of the home. Rich woods and earth tones filled the cozy rooms, leaving an outdated and uninspired kitchen. Supple cherry tones of the new cabinetry and alluring hues in the one-of-a-kind granite countertops wrap the renovated kitchen in warmth, inviting guests to take a seat at the grand island.
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert