Enjoy a fun-filled night of live music, dinner, dancing, and more when Brookfield Central High School Bands will host their 10th annual fundraiser BeBop & BBQ from 6-10pm on Saturday, May 31st. Live Big Band music featuring the award-winning Brookfield Central Jazz Bands led by Jason Gillette along with blues, dancing, swing lessons, raffle, and silent auction. BBQ dinner is provided by Elm Grove’s The Silver Spur Restaurant.
“This is the 10th anniversary of BeBop, and I am extremely proud and excited to share this annual event with the community!” stated Jason Gillette, band director. “It has been a thrill to watch BeBop grow to the great success it has become over time. Last year we had over 625 people attend! We have great food, live music, contests, decorations, and tremendous raffle and silent auction items. It is truly unique in the fact that it serves people of all ages. ” The fundraiser benefits students in the entire band department and has helped replace instruments and purchase updated music for both concert and jazz bands. As always there will be alumni sitting in with the band, many who play professionally today.
Tickets including dinner are $20/Adults, $12/Students and Senior Citizens. Advance tickets are recommended for dinner since there may only be a limited number of dinners available at the door. Otherwise, tickets for music admission only are $10 and can be purchased at the door. To purchase your tickets in advance use this form http://www.elmbrookschools.org/data/files/news/Brookfield_Central_Announcements_News/Bebop_and_BBQ_Ticket_Form_2014.pdf or contact Lisa Mellone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-780-0805.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation