WAUKESHA DANCE STUDENTS CHOSEN TO PERFORM AS MUNCHKINS IN LOCAL OZ PRODUCTION
The National Tour of THE WIZARD OF OZ announced that the Accent on Dance studio in Waukesha will perform the roles of “munchkins” while this beloved classic is live at The Milwaukee Theatre, June 5-7.
The lucky children that will perform in the Milwaukee engagement are Elise Bruk, Miranda Cole, Ava Gardetto, Anna Glickman, Alexis Nienhaus, Gracie Plath, McKenna Plath, Tessa Russ, Rachel Story, Brittany Tripp, Lizzie Tripp and Hannah Wulf.
This opportunity will provide Accent on Dance with real-life touring theatre experience. They will discover what it’s like to be part of a professional company, learn choreography by Leigh Constantine and be outfitted in the costume designs of Tim McQuillen-Wright. It’s truly a unique experience and incredible opportunity for these aspiring actresses to follow their yellow brick road.
“We are thrilled to be able to participate in these performances at The Milwaukee Theatre,” said Kellie Plath, Owner and Artistic/Company Director at Accent on Dance. “Our kids are really looking forward to appearing on stage in this timeless family production.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Chemokine immune molecule inhibits growth and spread of pancreatic cancer
- MCW researchers call for evidence-based discussion on advantages and challenges of three-year medical school curriculum
- Dan Ewert earns Eagle Scout Award
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Trinity UCC Seeking Crafters for October 10 Fair
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Thomas Chappelle, New Berlin Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015