Local author Tom Ramstack's new book "Brookfield & Elm Grove" is available now. It holds a great variety of images and photographs of people and places in our community.
The images in the book depict what life was like 100 years ago when the 36 square mile Brookfield township had an important agricultural emphasis. You will learn about the close relationships settlers formed with others and their strong sense of community. Along with everyday life, and special occasions, readers will find visual accounts of tornadoes, fires and train wrecks.
Ramstack's interest in history rose from stories his father shared with him when he was young. He learned about the once-rural communities of Brookfield and Elm Grove. His newest book, "Brookfield and Elm Grove" is available at local retail outlets, major book stores and the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- MCW to expand Tosa Center
- MCW concussion expert wins GE & NFL Head Health Challenge Award
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Becomes a “Sweat Angel” for Charity
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Richfield Art at the Mill