Local author Tom Ramstack's new book "Brookfield & Elm Grove" is available now. It holds a great variety of images and photographs of people and places in our community.
The images in the book depict what life was like 100 years ago when the 36 square mile Brookfield township had an important agricultural emphasis. You will learn about the close relationships settlers formed with others and their strong sense of community. Along with everyday life, and special occasions, readers will find visual accounts of tornadoes, fires and train wrecks.
Ramstack's interest in history rose from stories his father shared with him when he was young. He learned about the once-rural communities of Brookfield and Elm Grove. His newest book, "Brookfield and Elm Grove" is available at local retail outlets, major book stores and the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WineDown and Shop at St. Mary's Oct. 20
- Brookfield Chamber’s young professionals group, Summit, meets September 29th for “Networking 101”
- MCW receives grant to identify cholesterol-lowering therapies
- Jeffrey A. Medin, PhD, named MACC Fund Endowed Professor
- St. Mary's Visitation Christian Women Society Welcomes All to
- GMAC Golf Outing Raises $17,000 for Charity in 2015, Tops $100,000 in Total Donations
- Being Different Together Autism Conference
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator