Local author Tom Ramstack's new book "Brookfield & Elm Grove" is available now. It holds a great variety of images and photographs of people and places in our community.
The images in the book depict what life was like 100 years ago when the 36 square mile Brookfield township had an important agricultural emphasis. You will learn about the close relationships settlers formed with others and their strong sense of community. Along with everyday life, and special occasions, readers will find visual accounts of tornadoes, fires and train wrecks.
Ramstack's interest in history rose from stories his father shared with him when he was young. He learned about the once-rural communities of Brookfield and Elm Grove. His newest book, "Brookfield and Elm Grove" is available at local retail outlets, major book stores and the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Elm Grove Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial