Opus North Corporation is seeking local artists for the second phase of a public art project, which is incorporated in the new Shoppes at Fox River retail development located on Sunset Drive in the city of Waukesha. The search is being limited to artists who work and/or live in Waukesha County.
The semi-permanent exhibit is inspired in part by the CowParade held in Madison, Wisconsin. A series of six foxes, each cast in concrete and approximately three feet in height, have been completed and are on display at various locations throughout the shopping center. Artists are being sought to transform four additional sculptures, using paint and various embellishments, to reflect their unique pre-approved design concept. Participants will receive a $500 stipend to serve as compensation for time and cost of supplies.
For more information, including proposal submission forms, deadlines and requirements, please contact Lauren Silletti at 414-266-9393. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Shoppes at Fox River to view existing works. No submissions will be accepted after September 11, 2009.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- MCW to expand Tosa Center
- MCW concussion expert wins GE & NFL Head Health Challenge Award
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Becomes a “Sweat Angel” for Charity
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- Storm Damage Causes Event Postponement
- Back to School Bash - City Wide Free Open House