Opus North Corporation is seeking local artists for the second phase of a public art project, which is incorporated in the new Shoppes at Fox River retail development located on Sunset Drive in the city of Waukesha. The search is being limited to artists who work and/or live in Waukesha County.
The semi-permanent exhibit is inspired in part by the CowParade held in Madison, Wisconsin. A series of six foxes, each cast in concrete and approximately three feet in height, have been completed and are on display at various locations throughout the shopping center. Artists are being sought to transform four additional sculptures, using paint and various embellishments, to reflect their unique pre-approved design concept. Participants will receive a $500 stipend to serve as compensation for time and cost of supplies.
For more information, including proposal submission forms, deadlines and requirements, please contact Lauren Silletti at 414-266-9393. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Shoppes at Fox River to view existing works. No submissions will be accepted after September 11, 2009.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade