Opus North Corporation is seeking local artists for the second phase of a public art project, which is incorporated in the new Shoppes at Fox River retail development located on Sunset Drive in the city of Waukesha. The search is being limited to artists who work and/or live in Waukesha County.
The semi-permanent exhibit is inspired in part by the CowParade held in Madison, Wisconsin. A series of six foxes, each cast in concrete and approximately three feet in height, have been completed and are on display at various locations throughout the shopping center. Artists are being sought to transform four additional sculptures, using paint and various embellishments, to reflect their unique pre-approved design concept. Participants will receive a $500 stipend to serve as compensation for time and cost of supplies.
For more information, including proposal submission forms, deadlines and requirements, please contact Lauren Silletti at 414-266-9393. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Shoppes at Fox River to view existing works. No submissions will be accepted after September 11, 2009.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Second class of MCW-Green Bay medical students receive their white coats
- Trinity UCC Call for Crafters
- Mueller Communications LLC. Announces Promotion of Elyise Brigman