Opus North Corporation is seeking local artists for the second phase of a public art project, which is incorporated in the new Shoppes at Fox River retail development located on Sunset Drive in the city of Waukesha. The search is being limited to artists who work and/or live in Waukesha County.
The semi-permanent exhibit is inspired in part by the CowParade held in Madison, Wisconsin. A series of six foxes, each cast in concrete and approximately three feet in height, have been completed and are on display at various locations throughout the shopping center. Artists are being sought to transform four additional sculptures, using paint and various embellishments, to reflect their unique pre-approved design concept. Participants will receive a $500 stipend to serve as compensation for time and cost of supplies.
For more information, including proposal submission forms, deadlines and requirements, please contact Lauren Silletti at 414-266-9393. Interested artists are encouraged to visit the Shoppes at Fox River to view existing works. No submissions will be accepted after September 11, 2009.
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce launches app to promote local businesses