Wellness Presentation with Dr. John Whitcomb
The Argument for Plants. Did you know that broccoli has more protein than steak? Did you know that Romaine lettuce and spinach have more nutrients than milk? Our natural inclination is to seek animal foods because it is hard wired in our tongues and brains, but not into our body’s metabolism. Our tendency to eat “animals” is part of how we evolved, but perhaps gets us in trouble. Learn how adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet can change your risk for Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart attack and stroke. You can reverse many of these illnesses
Dr. John Whitcomb, MD, is a career physician in Emergency Medicine and other specialties within the Aurora Medical system. He speaks monthly on various current findings and recommendations on many areas of health and wellness at Redeemer United Church of Christ, W220 N4915 Townline Road, Sussex, and is open to the public. Come for the whole service at Redeemer on March 28, 2010, starting at 9:30 AM to have your seat, or arrive by 10:45 to hear Dr. Whitcomb's free presentation. Contact the church office (262/246-6710) with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade