Wellness Presentation with Dr. John Whitcomb
The Argument for Plants. Did you know that broccoli has more protein than steak? Did you know that Romaine lettuce and spinach have more nutrients than milk? Our natural inclination is to seek animal foods because it is hard wired in our tongues and brains, but not into our body’s metabolism. Our tendency to eat “animals” is part of how we evolved, but perhaps gets us in trouble. Learn how adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet can change your risk for Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart attack and stroke. You can reverse many of these illnesses
Dr. John Whitcomb, MD, is a career physician in Emergency Medicine and other specialties within the Aurora Medical system. He speaks monthly on various current findings and recommendations on many areas of health and wellness at Redeemer United Church of Christ, W220 N4915 Townline Road, Sussex, and is open to the public. Come for the whole service at Redeemer on March 28, 2010, starting at 9:30 AM to have your seat, or arrive by 10:45 to hear Dr. Whitcomb's free presentation. Contact the church office (262/246-6710) with questions.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Second class of MCW-Green Bay medical students receive their white coats
- Trinity UCC Call for Crafters
- Mueller Communications LLC. Announces Promotion of Elyise Brigman