Wellness Presentation with Dr. John Whitcomb
The Argument for Plants. Did you know that broccoli has more protein than steak? Did you know that Romaine lettuce and spinach have more nutrients than milk? Our natural inclination is to seek animal foods because it is hard wired in our tongues and brains, but not into our body’s metabolism. Our tendency to eat “animals” is part of how we evolved, but perhaps gets us in trouble. Learn how adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet can change your risk for Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart attack and stroke. You can reverse many of these illnesses
Dr. John Whitcomb, MD, is a career physician in Emergency Medicine and other specialties within the Aurora Medical system. He speaks monthly on various current findings and recommendations on many areas of health and wellness at Redeemer United Church of Christ, W220 N4915 Townline Road, Sussex, and is open to the public. Come for the whole service at Redeemer on March 28, 2010, starting at 9:30 AM to have your seat, or arrive by 10:45 to hear Dr. Whitcomb's free presentation. Contact the church office (262/246-6710) with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- The role of microRNA’s in high blood pressure
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Library's Parking Lot Nears Completion While Used Book Sale Date Loom
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair