Smokers Take Note: State-Wide Smoking Ban Coming Up, But Acupuncture Can Stop Your Habit
With Wisconsin’s state-wide smoking ban going into effect July 5, Milwaukee area
residents who want to kick that insidious smoking habit that they've nourished all these years can look
to Dr. Arthur Rapkin for help. He suggests that acupuncture can do the job. He’s a local practitioner of
acupuncture and oriental medicine at the Kindo Center, 890 Elm Grove Rd., in Elm Grove.
"If you've ever tried to kick the smoking habit yourself, you know how difficult that can
be," says Dr. Rapkin, who has practiced acupuncture for more than 25 years. "Our acupuncture
treatment is an intensive, but effective way of doing it.”
According to the National Institute of Health, acupuncture has been proven effective in
stopping smoking, eliminating cravings to smoke and stopping withdrawal symptoms associated with the
cessation of smoking. “Our experiences with our patients verifies that fact,” Dr. Rapkin says.
"Acupuncture guides the movement of the body's vital energies and positively influences
the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems," he says.
According to Dr. Rapkin, an acupuncture treatment does not work by simply taking
away nicotine cravings or by mitigating the side effects of withdrawal. Instead it teaches the patient’s
body how to overcome these symptoms on its own. “For this reason, people who overcome a tobacco
addiction with the help of acupuncture often will emerge stronger than they were before becoming
dependent in the first place. A person who has been free all his or her life can not possibly appreciate
freedom the way a liberated nicotine slave can.”
A widely experienced practitioner of oriental medicine, acupuncture and Chinese
herbology, Dr. Rapkin serves on acupuncture boards and advisory committees for the state of Wisconsin
and national health organizations.
More information can be obtained by contacting him at the Kindo Center, (262) 827-
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C., blog post – Proper Bed Pillow Positions
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland