Hamilton High School art students earned more than a dozen awards in the 2010 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibit. Students who earned awards were:
- Amanda Vergiels, senior, two Gold Keys for mixed media and glass beads;
- Tara Selestow, senior, Gold Key for glass box;
- Alizibeth Mikolajczak, senior, Gold Key for stained glass window;
- Hailee Weber, freshman, Gold Key for 2D;
- Alyssa Gohr, junior, Gold Key for painting;
- Megan Lemay, senior, Gold Key for printmaking;
- Kari Price, senior, Gold Key for drawing;
- Hue Yang, junior, Gold Key for drawing;
- Amy Zoulek, sophomore, Silver Key for stained glass window;
- Nathan Klafke, senior, Silver Key for stained glass window;
- Katelyn Moran, senior, Silver Key for glass dish; and
- Madeleine Kuenn, junior, Silver Key for watercolor.
Vergiels, Selestow, Zoulek, Klafke, Mikolajczak and Moran are students of Kelly Belot; Gohr, Lemay, Price and Yang are students of Pam Mierow; and Weber and Kuenn are students of Ellen Acuff.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers.
Wisconsin winners will be recognized Feb. 6 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The winning selections were chosen from more than 1,284 entries in 17 media categories. Student artists were awarded 290 Gold Keys and 75 Silver Keys. The Silver Key award denotes statewide recognition; Gold Key artwork continues on to the national competition, along with those from other regional art competitions throughout the country.
The works of the winning artists are on view from Feb. 6 until March 21 at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Gold and Silver Key winning artworks are exhibited in the Pieper Gallery and West Galleria.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Music Teacher /Creative Director, Katie Bart, helps Burleigh Students to “Shine Your Way”
- St. Mary’s Visitation Teacher Awarded Kohl Fellowship Award
- St. Mary's Students Win First Place, $1000 in eCYBER Competition
- St. Mary's Visitation Student Wins District Spelling Bee – Again
- St. Mary's Visitation School Hosts Open House January 27
- St. Mary's Visitation School Earns Archdiocesan Exemplary Status Award
- SMV Students to Present at NASA Student Symposium in Houston
- St. Mary's Visitation in Elm Grove Now Enrolling K4 Full and Half Day
- Visual Arts Super Stars At PPMS
- St. Mary's Visitation Hosts Kindergarten Open House