The Senior Choir of St. Matthew's Lutheran Church and the Chancel Choir of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Madison will be presenting a joint concert on Sunday, May 16th at 3:00PM at St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa.
Along with a 25-voice children's choir and orchestra, over 100 performers will present Robert Hobby's cantata "The Good Shepherd". Each choir will also present selections individually, and the concert will conclude with combined adult choirs, children's choir, brass and organ on an exciting arrangement of "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God".
This concert is part of a day-long celebration of the 90th Anniversary of St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, and will be repeated on the following Sunday at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Madison. A free-will offering benefitting partner congregations of St. Matthew's will be taken, and there will be a reception following the concert.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Door County Artist Releases First Book
- Local Resident Performing In GYPSY At Sunset Playhouse
- Tour le Jardin Garden Walk 2013
- Take a Contemplative Journey at The Dooryard Gallery
- Nora Collins to sing National Anthem at Monster Jam Events and featured on WMSE & WGTD
- Local Youth Group Keeps Marching after 55th Anniversary
- West Allis Artist Maribeth Devine at The Dooryard Gallery July 21
- Sunset Playhouse Comedy Celebrates 1920's Musicals July 14-Aug. 7
- Brookfield Teen needs your help to play Summerfest
- Summer Camps Teach Theatre Skills to Children